Friday 7 October 2016

A day in Mumbai Local

                                  A DAY IN MUMBAI LOCAL
6th October,Mumbai: I am a common man like all of you. I live in Mumbai, so I get to travel in a Mumbai Local Train. Well, this experience is great for some, and disastrous for some! I live in Malad, a suburb in Mumbai and travel daily to Churchgate, 30 Kms from Malad. After College I go to Andheri and return back to Malad! This might be confusing for you'll, so to put it in simple words, I travel from one place to another only because of THE MUMBAI LOCAL.
                                   The Local that I board is the one that goes from Borivali to Churchgate and vica-versa. I have travelled in both second class and first class compartments. People say that you find less crowd in the first class, but now as I travel daily in first class I would say its as difficult as the rest of the compartments to get in the first class coach!
                                   LOCAL TRAIN IS THE LIFELINE OF MUMBAIKARS! I have seen many people changing two to three locals to reach their respective destinations. One such incident happened with me recently. I had to go to Thane for a Squash Competition. I took a train from Malad to Bandra and then from Bandra to Dadar. All the routes mentioned are in the Western Line. But then I had to go in a train from Dadar to Thane which is in the Central line. I never experienced such uniqueness in Mumbai Local. I came across new stations like Sion, Vikhroli, Kanjurmarg and what not. With every passing station I had a curiosity as to is the next station Thane? The train running on Central Lines are faster than the Western ones, I inferred. Finally I reached Thane but didn't get to step on the station because of the wild crowd waiting for the train to go back to CST. I somehow pushed everyone aside and descended down. Finally I reached Thane!!!
                                 Mumbai Local offers fantastic experiences despite of the trouble to get down, verbal fights,etc. But it also teaches how to live life. Many aged people sharing their experiences with the new generation. New day and new hopes, thats what Mumbai Local offers to you. I am just 16, but yes Mumbai Local is the part and parcel of my life! Travel via the Mumbai Local and experience the MAGIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment